Monday, December 6, 2010

My family in WWII

When I was younger, Im not sure exactly when, my grandpa gave me a memoir of his uncle in world war two. It is a full story with his accounts of the war. He talks about seeing death camps and having a grenade land a few feet from him, but never exploded. I have read it twice in my life but its been a while. I believe it is one of the original copies typed on a typewriter, check it out!

(the top right conner says "to Mike Rench [my grandpa] from, your uncle chuck")

1 comment:

  1. That is great that he was in the war and saw all of the madness that went on. I remember when we were at the museum you showed me the name of one of the camps and told me that he actually took place in liberating the camp. He was a true hero.

    ReplyDelete